Tuesday 13 October 2009

Story Board - Breaking Up The Track

    1.You got a fast car.

    2 I want a ticket to anywhere.

    3Maybe we can make a deal.

    4Maybe together we can get somewhere.

    5Anyplace is better.

    6Starting from zero got nothing to lose.

    7Maybe we'll make something.

    8Me, myself, I've got nothing to prove.

    9I was hard up, couldn't get a large cup

    10Waitin there for my change in the Starbucks

    11Thinking bout just how much my car sucks

    12Then I was star struck, one of those mad things

    13Pickin' up a napkin, sippin on my latte

    14Saw her shoes but her face looked blasé

    15Whatever, knew this was our day

    16Wanna take a ride in my car pretty lady?

    17Maybe not, that's too cheap

    18This ain't hollywood, need a jolly good linefor this fine young pussycat

    19Woman that I'm lookin at

    20talkin back fine, but I've only got rookie chat

    21If only I had a Ferrari

    22Then I'd be a Ken doll and she'd be Barbie

    23We could ride together with the roof rolled down

    24With the whole town jealous of my girl and my fast car

    25She's a woman of the likes that I've never seen

    26And I'm a student, a nerd and I'm seventeen

    27It's a given that she'll never like moi

    28Unless I get a car that she'll wanna ride far with

    29me into the sunset, we could have fun

    30wherever she'd wanna go I'm headin for that

    31When she wants to drive fast I'm ready for that

    32My hand on the wheel with her head in my lap.

    33You got a fast car34I want a ticket to anywhere

    35Maybe we can make a deal

    36Maybe together we can get somewhere

    37Anyplace is better

    38Starting from zero got nothing to lose

    39Maybe we'll make something

    40Me, myself, I've got nothing to prove

    41I want a woman like Angelina Jolie

    42to show me, where the grass is greener

    43on a daily basis. A proper fit lady

    44Friends say I'm cool, but they never persuade me

    45Try an chat her up but I ain't got skills,

    46an I never do it proper. Never bought high heels

    47for a woman all I know is they like high frills.

    48I need cash for a new set of wheels

    49that's not possible, what about that tosser Paul?

    50Left the keys for his Porsche,

    51with my dad he had only just bought her.

    52Here they are by our phone in the saucer

    53What a find, I'm sure he won't mind

    54if I take his little beast on the road for a test

    55drive. To suggest that I took the piss

    56is an understatement, look I need this.

    57On the road with the roof rolled back

    58You never seen a killer with a smile this hard

    59but now I'm in charge and it's cos of these keys

    60Have any girl I want cos I'm the bees knees

    61Look at her over there with the long hair

    62She lookin back, givin me the long stare.

    63A proper connoisseur *Tyres screech*

    64Oh Shit, I didn't see her

    65You got a fast car

    66I want a ticket to anywhere

    69Maybe we can make a deal

    70Maybe together we can get somewhere

    71Anyplace is better

    72Starting from zero got nothing to lose

    73Maybe we'll make something

    74Me, myself, I've got nothing to prove


  1. Inro including first 3 lines of the 1st chorus: Our actor (Luke) in close up displaying his 'nerdy' nature. Then shots showing him buying a SMALL coffee in Starbucks as he performs the lyrics to the song. 'I was hard up couldnt't get a large cup, waiting there for my change in the Starbucks.'

  2. Line 12 - 16: Shots in Starbucks/coffee shop as he sees the girl that he falls for, she laughs at him as he spills his latte down his shirt. Flicking through a magazine he thinks about his bad car. Then as he leaves he drops his books, girl helps him pick them up.

  3. Line 17 - 22: Slow motion as he leaves he looks back at her, show her reaction, her friends are laughing but she is concentrating on him. At the end of this shot perhaps a 'geeky' wave back at her.

  4. Line 23 - 30: Shots of him dreaming about being with the girl, still in geeky clothes, sat in a nice car laughing with each other. Perhaps him performing some of the lyrics at the same time.

  5. Line 31 - 34: Looks at his reflection in a shop window, realises he looks silly and wants to change. Close up of him on his phone calling his friends.

  6. 2nd Chorus: Shots of his friends turning up at the door, geeky star-trek sign as they enter with bin bags full of clothes for him to try.

  7. Line 43 - 50: Shot of clothe changes as he and his friends try to make him look cool. Different hair styles and clothes along with him practising some 'cool' moves. This shot lasts a good number of seconds as there are a lot of different outfits and hairstyles
  8. Line 52 - 57: Thinks about taking keys to keys to the 'porsche.' He decides to take the keys and looking cool he drives off.
  9. Line 58 - 66: See girl while he is out and they meet, decide to go for a drive. They then end with a car crash as he is not paying attention to driving. Dramatic twist using slow motion and a fade to black.
  10. 3rd Chorus: Reaction shots of the girl and boy as just after they have crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment